DG AGRI reporting on the short-term outlook
DG AGRI has reported that: the short-term outlook faces the challenge of factoring in the consequences of the Covid-19 crisis, where many uncertainties remain.
In this context, the situation in 2020 remains relatively positive, with:
- dairy and meat prices recovering;
- milk collection growth remains strong;
- the positive trade balance in meat is increasing;
- oilseed and protein crop production is estimated to increase;
- EU olive oil exports will reach a new record level.
- Notable exceptions are cereals (in particular wheat) and sugar, which both have suffered from adverse weather or plant health conditions.
Compared to other sectors though, the impact of the crisis on the agri-food sector is expected to remain limited.
Watch the video about the short-term outlook here: